The Singapore Association for the Advancement of Science (SAAS) is a constituent member of the Singapore National Academy of Science. The Association works closely with Science Science Centre, the Science Teachers Association of Singapore and other organisations to further the cause of its objectives to promote the understanding of science and technology among youth and the general public.
- To promote the advancement of science and technology in the Republic of Singapore.
- To discuss scientific, technological and socio-economic problems, in particular those of national interest.
- To represent the scientific opinion of the Members and Fellows of the Association.
- To co-administer the Young Scientist Badge Scheme for primary schools. This scheme allows students to engage in project-based investigations in up to 17 disciplines. Each of these disciplines has a number of projects formulated in the form of an Activity Card, for example, I am a Young Chemist, I am a Young Physicist, and so on. Completion of the set of activities enables students to earn the appropriate Badge
- To co-administer the Questa Club Scheme for secondary schools. This scheme allows students to engage in project-based investigations of their own preference. Completion of the project enables students to earn a Questa Badge.
- To organise the SAAS Outstanding Science Teachers Award annually. This scheme recognises outstanding science and mathematics teachers in the teaching service. There is one award each for the primary and secondary / pre-university levels. Each award comes in the form of a sponsored study tour overseas to attend a conference or visit an educational establishment
- To organise science seminars and technological forums to keep its members informed of the latest developments on science and technology.
Membership & Contact
Membership is open to all persons interested in the advancement of science and technology.
Singapore Association for the Advancement of Science
c/o Science Centre Singapore
Science Centre Road